Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day Ten Lakes Spectacular tour from Windermere
- Visit Borrowdale, Buttermere Valley and more
- A stop at Castlerigg Stone Circle
Departure & Return
We meet passengers who who select this option at the Windermere Information Centre is approximately 100m from Windermere Train Station at the top of Victoria Street.
We meet passengers who select this option at Bowness Bay Pier 3, next to the ticket office.
We meet travelers who select this option at the bus stop opposite the Ambleside Library.
We meet travelers who select this option at the ticket office in the Oxenholme Railway Station.
What To Expect
As you travel, admire the rolling countryside and craggy fells, and hear interesting facts from your guide about the Lake District's history and geology, and the people and events that have shaped this much-loved region. Follow the banks of Lake Windermere, England’s largest lake; and make your first stop in the lovely village of Ambleside. Stretch your legs around the pretty streets and then continue to Rydal Water for a photo stop.
After capturing the scenery around this mirror-glass lake, continue through the picture-postcard village of Grasmere and ascend Kirkstone Pass, the region's highest pass, on route to Thirlmere, a reservoir formed from the merging of two natural lakes. Admire this picturesque expanse of water, and then travel through the lush Borrowdale Valley and past Bassenthwaite Lake.
Climb the rugged slopes of Honister Pass to the chocolate-box village of Buttermere and then drive by Crummock Water to Keswick. Here, pull up to enjoy free time for lunch (own expense) and explore this delightful market town as you wish.
Back aboard your minivan, venture further around the undulating hills to Castlerigg Stone Circle, an ancient circle of 48 stones. Take photos of this age-old site and learn how the stones were probably set here in around 3,000 BC to form a ceremonial site. During your trip, visit one of the area’s pretty waterfalls, and relax and take in the awe-inspiring views of the high fells, woodlands and villages, and absorb the sense of timeless beauty around you.
Your tour ends with drop-off back at the original start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be over the age of 5 to travel on this tour
- There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking is involved
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Each passenger must have their own seat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Mountain Goat
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands