Are you interested in?
6 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
18 Tours & Activities
How to Spend 1 Day in Galway
0 Tours & Activities
1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Learn the basics of hill sheep farming and experience a sheepdog demonstration in Galway, Ireland. You'll see firsthand the importance of sheep dogs―including Border Collies―in handling sheep and how they help livestock navigate the region's rugged landscape. Ask questions, acquaint yourself with the puppies bred onsite and simple savor the surrounding scenery while enjoying a truly local experience.
- Hill sheep farming and sheepdog experience in Galway
- Gain insight into hill sheep farming and watch sheepdogs at work
- Escape the city for the countryside
- Take a side trip to one of Ireland's only freshwater beaches
- Interact with puppies and witness a sheep shearing demo (seasonal)
- Enjoy a truly authentic local experience
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointL1601, Shanafaraghaun, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- OPERATED BY Joyce Country Sheepdogs
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 27244P1