- 2.5-hour private tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC
- See spacesuits, moon boots, moon rocks, and other items that have gone up to space and back
- Dive into the history of flight, the Space Race, and moon landings
- Learn about what it’s like to be an astronaut today
- Choose between a 10am and a 1pm departure time
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- This tour included a moderate amount of walking
Departure & Return
Meet by the sculpture in front of the Jefferson Ave. entrance to the National Air and Space Museum (outside)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your private guide leads the way through the halls of the museum, telling historical stories, and stopping at famous must-see items. Some things you’ll see on this tour include Buzz Aldrin’s spacesuit, the Apollo 11 module, moon boots, and moon rocks. You can also catch a glimpse of the Wright brothers’ Wright Flyer, the first successful heavier-than-air powered aircraft. Your guide makes a special stop at the Spirit of St. Louis, the custom-built, single-engine, single-seat monoplane flown by Charles Lindbergh.
As you pass by these marvels, your private guide tells you all about the history of flight, the Space Race, and moon landings. He or she also lets you know what it’s like to be an astronaut today. If you’d like to try the freeze-dried ice cream astronauts enjoy, you can pick some up in the gift shop (own expense).
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: (PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that Many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. here is a link for there website if you would like an updated list of what you may see during your visit: https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/now-view Thank you for understanding.) Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Babylon Tours LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.