- Explore Washington DC’s National Mall
- Visit the Smithsonian Castle with included admission
- Focus on the architectural and design elements of these famous museums
- Educational and fun for the entire family
- Small group ensure a personal experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide outside the Smithsonian Castle near the main entrance.
What To Expect
Most of Washington's best-loved and frequently visited museums can be found on the east side of the National Mall, located between the United States Capitol building and the Washington Monument.
The tour begins at the Smithsonian Castle and Garden. The Smithsonian Institution, also known as ‘America's Attic,’ is one of the largest museum organizations in the world — boasting 30 million annual visitors, 19 museums and more than 140 million items in its vast collection. Explore how the Smithsonian has helped to shape the fabric of the National Mall, from its beginnings in 1847 until today.
In addition to the Smithsonian Castle and Garden, see the James V. Forrestal Building (also known as the Department of Energy), the Arts and Industries Building, the Hirshhorn Museum, the National Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art (from a distance), the National Museum of the American Indian, the United States Botanic Garden and the United States Capitol building.
The tour concludes on the west lawn of the US Capitol building.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or full refund will be offered
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY DC Design Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Castle to Capitol: Museums of the National Mall Walking Tour.