- Guided hike experience on Sólheimajökull glacier in south Iceland
- All essential glacier walking equipment supplied
- Hear about the glacier’s formation from an experienced guide
- Put on crampons and explore this beautiful frozen tongue of ice
- Suitable for all ages and no experience necessary
- Walk around ice sculptures, crevasses, moulins and other natural formations
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Parking lot by Solheimajokull Cafe Address: GPS 63°31’00.48″N, 19°22’00.12W(WGS84)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that this tour departs from Solheimajokull Cafe. Distance from Reykjavík appoximately 164 km/101 mi
- This tour is a small group experience limited to 15 participants per guide to ensure a more personalized experience
- Minimum age of 8, and minimum shoe size of EUR 35.
- This tour is operated all year round
- You spend approximately 1-1.5 hour on the ice
- The tour is rated as easy so no prior experience is needed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It's not physically exerting, but only small sections are roped, so you need to be confident in your movement." See review