- 3-hour tour of Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, led by a historian guide
- Small-group tour limited to six people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
- See the music room where six-year-old Mozart performed before royalty
- Choose between a 10am or 2pm departure time
Departure & Return
Starting Location: Schönbrunn has a special new attraction that makes a great meeting point for you and your guide. A miniature scale model of the palace complex is situated just by the main gates opposite the new Visitor Centre. Please meet your guide right at the scale model. It is impossible to miss. PLEASE NOTE: It is ESSENTIAL TO BE ON TIME for your reserved tour at Schönbrunn since the palace give us time slots and can refuse late entry, Your guide may also need to start the tour for other clients and often cannot delay. Our meeting place at the miniature scale model of the palace is easy to find but leave yourself extra time as a precaution. We want to protect your tour so thanks for coming on time!
What To Expect
Follow your guide on a journey back in time as you dive deep into the rich history of the former imperial summer residence. First, stroll through the formal gardens, and catch a glimpse of the Gloriette, an arch on top of a hill overlooking Vienna’s forests. Then, become more familiar with Franz Joseph and his wife Elizabeth (also known as Sisi) as you head over to the Rococo state rooms of the palace. Visit the Great Gallery, the Yellow Salon, and Franz Joseph’s private suite.
Next up, learn about Empress Maria Theresa as you enter some of the rooms she loved to spend her time in. Admire the extravagance of the Hall of Ceromonies, the Gobelin Salon, and the Feketin Room. Stop in Maria Theresa's music room, where Mozart performed at six years old.
Your tour concludes inside the palace after three hours, leaving you free to spend the rest of your day as you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Your guide will help you to purchase your Schönbrunn Palace & Park entrance tickets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Insight Cities
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.