- Visit a heurigen for a wine tasting and sip on fragrant Wachau Valley wines
- Sample locally produced schnapps, jam, chutney and chocolate in the medieval town of Dürnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a Danube River cruise along the most scenic stretch of the river from Spitz to Melk (summer months only)
- Explore Melk's Benedictine monastery, Melk Abbey
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from their central Vienna hotel. Please provide your hotel details upon booking.
What To Expect
Stop first at a local heurigen, a traditional wine tavern, and taste up to five prominent wines. Learn about the characteristics of each from your guide as you sample rich reds and aromatic whites.
Afterward, travel to the UNESCO-listed town of Dürnstein to try local specialties like chocolate, chutneys, jam and schnapps, while learning about the ingredients of each. Then enjoy some free time before reuniting with your guide for lunch (own expense) or a visit to another wine tavern.
Venture next to the beautiful village of Weissenkirchen, named after its white church. Enjoy another wine tasting at a heurigen, and soak up the surrounding vineyards and hills.
Continue to Spitz for a cruise along the blue waters of the Danube to Melk (May to October only), passing vineyards, medieval castles and monasteries.
Upon arriving in Melk, take some free time to wander around Melk Abbey, the unique Benedictine monastery perched above the town. Your private day trip will conclude with transportation back to Vienna.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Vienna Explorer
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Wachau Valley Tour, Melk Abbey Visit, and Wine Tastings from Vienna.