- Full-day Hallstatt and Admont Abbey tour from Vienna
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Austrian Alps and UNESCO-listed Salzkammergut
- Visit lakeside villages like Hallstatt and Gmunden
- Tour the historic Admont Abbey, one of the oldest in Austria
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, entrance fees and round-trip transport
Departure & Return
Tourist Info, Albertinaplatz, A-1010 Vienna. Underground station "Karlsplatz" U1, U2, U4.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop at Admont Abbey, one of Austria’s oldest abbeys, where you can admire the grand Baroque architecture and take a peek in the library – the largest monastic library in the world.
Pass through the UNESCO-listed landscapes of Salzkammergut en-route to Hallstatt village, and hear about the region’s historic significance and rich mining heritage from your guide. Then, set out on a walking tour and follow your guide along the pretty lakefront, past the medieval half-timbered buildings and through the lively Market Square.
Finally, visit the handicrafts center of Gmunden, a town perched on the banks of the Traunsee River and set against a dramatic backdrop of mountains. Snap photos of the Ort Castle, which appears to be floating in the center of the lake, then learn more about the town’s craft-making heritage as you browse the many shops and workshops. Perhaps pick up some unique hand-made souvenirs to remind you of your visit.
After a full day exploring the lake district, jump back on the bus for the return journey to Vienna and end your tour in the city center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant needs a separate seat, however this our is not recommended for infants.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide in English and Russian.
- Book in advance and get free hotel pick-up (approx. 45 min before departure). For free hotel pick-up advance reservation necessary.
- Please note that you will cover approx. 600 km. by motorway and Alpine roads at this day. It is approx. 8 hours drive with short breaks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY 7 TRAVEL
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There are many other tourist groups arriving to the Hallstatt daily, so expect the lines everywhere (in stors, in restaurants, at the attraction sites)." See review