- Full-day Hallstatt and Admont Abbey tour from Vienna
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Austrian Alps and UNESCO-listed Salzkammergut
- Visit lakeside villages like Hallstatt and Gmunden
- Tour the historic Admont Abbey, one of the oldest in Austria
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, entrance fees and round-trip transport
Departure & Return
Tourist Info, Albertinaplatz, A-1010 Vienna. Underground station "Karlsplatz" U1, U2, U4.
What To Expect
Stop at Admont Abbey, one of Austria’s oldest abbeys, where you can admire the grand Baroque architecture and take a peek in the library – the largest monastic library in the world.
Pass through the UNESCO-listed landscapes of Salzkammergut en-route to Hallstatt village, and hear about the region’s historic significance and rich mining heritage from your guide. Then, set out on a walking tour and follow your guide along the pretty lakefront, past the medieval half-timbered buildings and through the lively Market Square.
Finally, visit the handicrafts center of Gmunden, a town perched on the banks of the Traunsee River and set against a dramatic backdrop of mountains. Snap photos of the Ort Castle, which appears to be floating in the center of the lake, then learn more about the town’s craft-making heritage as you browse the many shops and workshops. Perhaps pick up some unique hand-made souvenirs to remind you of your visit.
After a full day exploring the lake district, jump back on the bus for the return journey to Vienna and end your tour in the city center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant needs a separate seat, however this our is not recommended for infants.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide in English and Russian.
- Book in advance and get free hotel pick-up (approx. 45 min before departure). For free hotel pick-up advance reservation necessary.
- Please note that you will cover approx. 600 km. by motorway and Alpine roads at this day. It is approx. 8 hours drive with short breaks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY 7 TRAVEL
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There are many other tourist groups arriving to the Hallstatt daily, so expect the lines everywhere (in stors, in restaurants, at the attraction sites)." See review