Are you interested in?
Verona Arena Tours
80 Tours & Activities
85 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
200 Tours & Activities
1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Verona is best known as the setting for Shakespeare’s play, Romeo and Juliet, but it also has a complex history on par with any Italian city. This tour offers a unique way to learn about the darker sides of Verona’s past while taking a guided walk through its historic center. The goal is to make visitors step back in time and learn about the notorious murders, torture stories, family tombs, and beheaded skeletons of one of the world’s most romantic towns.
- Visit some of the city’s darker historical sites including the Scala family tombs and a courtyard-cemetery
- Explore with a guide: get a sense of local history and legend missing from other walking tours
- Walk through romantic Verona at night, and don’t get lost following your guide
- Choose between several departure times to fit into your vacation schedule
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointPiazza Bra, Verona VR, Italy
Return DetailsJuliet's House, Via Cappello, 23, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Girolami Maria Pia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Dark Historical Verona Walking Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all 23
See all 23
- "Enjoy and be prepared to be questioned along the way - it is worthwhile." See review
Product code: 38995P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Ghost & Vampire ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingVeronaGhost & Vampire Tours - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoHistorical Tours - VenetoGhost & Vampire Tours - MantuaWalking Tours - MantuaHistorical Tours - MantuaGhost & Vampire Tours - VicenzaWalking Tours - VicenzaHistorical Tours - VicenzaCategory
Piazza dei Signori (Piazza Dante)Piazza delle ErbeNicolis MuseumSoavePonte PietraCastelvecchio Bridge (Ponte Scaligero)Verona Historic Center (Verona Centro Storico) Castelvecchio Museum (Museo di Castelvecchio)Scaliger Tombs (Arche Scaligere)Achille Forti Modern Art Gallery (Galleria d'Arte Moderna Achille Forti)Verona Duomo (Cattedrale di Santa Maria Matricolare)Porta BorsariBasilica di Sant’AnastasiaRoman Theater and Archaeological MuseumMovieland ParkPorta PalioVerona ArenaGran Guardia Palace (Palazzo della Gran Guardia)