1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Take a 90-minute gondola ride down Venice’s Grand Canal and see some of the city’s famous landmarks. Pass by Mozart’s House, La Fenice Theatre, and the Peggy Guggenheim Collections, and more. Then enjoy a guided tour, with skip-the-line admission, of the exquisite St. Mark’s Basilica to discover its beautiful Byzantine art and architecture. End the tour with a visit to a local glass factory to see local craftsmen at work.
- Take a classic gondola ride down the famous Grand Canal of Venice
- Cruise by Mozart’s House, Le Fenice Theatre, and much more
- Enjoy skip-the-line admission to St. Mark’s Basilica for a guided tour
- Marvel at the Byzantine art and architecture of this “Golden Basilica”
Saved to wishlist!
30 minutes shared gondola ride
Skip the line for St.Mark's Basilica and Pala D'Oro
Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square.
Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people inside the Golden Basilica
Guiided Tour of the St.Mark's Basilica with qualifed guide.
1 hour inside the Basilica and part of the visit done comfortably seated
Mobile audio guide with digital map with more than 200 Venice highlights
commentary on gondola
Departure & Return
Calle larga de l'Ascension, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
P.za San Marco, 146, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather, high/low tide (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- The Golden Basilica Tour does not operate in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- Each gondola can guest maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guests weight
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts)
- For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica, prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must download the audio guide with digital map on your mobile phone
- You will receive the audio guide with digital map by e-mail. If you have any problems with this, please come to Venice Tours office (San Marco 1130) for assistance.
- Most travelers can participate
- On Sunday, due to the Mass, the visit to the Basilica will be done from the terrace and the Pala D'Oro is not included.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY VENICE TOURS S.R.L.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Venice: Grand Canal by gondola & St. Mark's Basilica guided tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Venice: Grand Canal by gondola & St. Mark's Basilica guided tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Venice: Grand Canal by gondola & St. Mark's Basilica guided tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Venice: Grand Canal by gondola & St. Mark's Basilica guided tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 21441P37
Explore Similar Things to Do
Gondola CruisesWater ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingVeniceGondola Cruises - VenetoWater Tours - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoGondola Cruises - TrevisoWater Tours - TrevisoWalking Tours - TrevisoGondola Cruises - PaduaWater Tours - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaCategory
Venice Jewish Ghetto (Ghetto di Venezia) San Gallo Theater (Teatro San Gallo)Mocenigo Palace (Palazzo Mocenigo)Church of Santa Maria Assunta (I Gesuiti)Frari Church (Basilica dei Frari)Piombi Ca' d'Oro (Palazzo Santa Sofia)Venice Cruise Port (Terminal Crociere Venezia)Rialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)Peggy Guggenheim Collection (Collezione Peggy Guggenheim)Bridge of SighsAccademia Bridge (Ponte dell'Accademia)Basilica di Santa Maria della SaluteMarco Polo's Home (Casa di Marco Polo)San PoloSan Lazzaro degli ArmeniVenice Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e PaoloChurch of Santa Maria del Giglio (Santa Maria Zobenigo)Cannaregio Frari Church (Basilica dei Frari)