Exclusive After-Hours Peggy Guggenheim Collection Private Visit
- 1.5-hour Viator exclusive after-hours private tour of Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice
- Walk through the Grand Canal palazzo where Peggy Guggenheim once lived
- See the masterpieces of modern art by artists like Picasso, Pollock, Kandinsky, Dalí and many others
- Visit the permanent collection as well as the sculpture garden and the Schulhof Collection Private tour for up to 5 people
- Private tour for up to 5 people
Departure & Return
Departure PointCity of Venice, City of Venice, Veneto
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Embark on a 1.5-hour private tour of Peggy Guggenheim's longtime residence, filled with art from her private collection. Learn how the American heiress acquired the majority of this important collection in the mid 20th century with advice from her friends, artists, and critics.
Your guide will fill you in on the fact that this collection is one of the most important private collections of its kind because of both its quality and historic breadth. Artists represented include Calder, Dalí, de Chirico, Miró, Mondrian, Kandinsky, Pollock, Brancusi, and Picasso. There are works of American Abstract Expressionism, Surrealism, European abstraction, Metaphysical painting, Futurism, and Cubism. The collection was supplemented by a donation of 80 additional works from collectors Rudolph B. Shulhof and Hannelore B. Shulhof in 2012.
Wander out to the terrace and gardens to see sculptures by Henry Moore, Germaine Richier, Alexander Calder, and Marino Marini.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is accessible for everyone, including people with limited mobility
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Peggy Guggenheim Collection
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Exclusive After-Hours Peggy Guggenheim Collection Private Visit.