- Head out from Nanaimo for a half day of marine wildlife sightings
- Guaranteed whale sightings, or your next trip is free
- Stay dry and warm in the provided anti-exposure suits
- Learn more about the area and its wildlife from a marine life expert
Departure & Return
Our office is located on Front Street, the seawall along downtown Nanaimo's waterfront.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Minimum numbers apply. If there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation, in which case an alternative date or full refund will be offered.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vancouver Island Whale Watch
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
See all safety measures taken by Whale Watching Nanaimo Open Boat Tour.