2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See a side of Uyuni that’s off the tourist trail on a private tour to Pulacayo, where Bolivia’s first locomotives are preserved in a UNESCO Industrial Heritage Site. Spotting llamas, mountain views, and disused mine sites along the way, you’ll get a personalized introduction to Uyuni’s fascinating history, traveling in a private vehicle that leaves packed group tours far behind.
- Private tour explores Uyuni’s industrial heritage—and a Butch Cassidy tale
- Included hotel transfers, entrance fees, and a glass of wine
- Photograph an open-air train museum that’s less crowded
- Chance to see life in a small town with a big history
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup (Uyuni Hotels only)
Hotel pickup and drop-off (LUNA SALADA HOTEL extra US$ 30)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from Uyuni Hotels/ hostels or airport.
- Uyuni Joya Andina Airport, Uyuni Bolivia
- Joya Andina Airport, Ciudad de Uyuni, Bolivia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Joker Expedition, Bolivia.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Visit to the old Mines and trains of Pulacayo?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Visit to the old Mines and trains of Pulacayo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Visit to the old Mines and trains of Pulacayo?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Visit to the old Mines and trains of Pulacayo?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Visit to the old Mines and trains of Pulacayo
2 to 3 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUyuniShore Excursions - AltiplanoBus Tours - AltiplanoPorts of Call Tours - AltiplanoFull-day Tours - AltiplanoShore Excursions - SaltaBus Tours - SaltaPorts of Call Tours - SaltaFull-day Tours - SaltaShore Excursions - PunoBus Tours - PunoPorts of Call Tours - PunoFull-day Tours - PunoCategory