4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit the Potosi mines with a private guide on a tour that visits the mining market and test laboratories, then goes deep into the cooperative mines of Cerro Potosi. Exploring the mines with a private guide is a more personal alternative to big group tours, so you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions, stop to take photographs, and discuss life in the Potosi mines.
- Get a more in-depth look at mining with market and lab stops
- Suit up for the mines with provided protective gear
- Complimentary tea helps you adapt to the altitude
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at Potosi hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Guide in English
Safety equipment (helmet, rubber boots, electric lamp, jacket, trousers)
Complimentary tea to help with the altitude
Gifts or gifts for miners and plant workers (Soft drinks, cookies, dynamite, gloves, etc.
Disposable mask. (Social Visit)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from Potosi Hotels/ hostels
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- WHAT CAN YOU TAKE?
- A pair of socks, for the use of rubber boots.
- a camera.
- a little money for the purchase of gifts for the miners.
- a bottle of water and above all a lot of sensitivity.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Joker Expedition, Bolivia.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tours to the Mines in Potosi?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tours to the Mines in Potosi?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tours to the Mines in Potosi?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tours to the Mines in Potosi?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tours to the Mines in Potosi
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUyuniBus Tours - AltiplanoFull-day Tours - AltiplanoHalf-day Tours - AltiplanoBus Tours - SaltaFull-day Tours - SaltaHalf-day Tours - SaltaBus Tours - PunoFull-day Tours - PunoHalf-day Tours - PunoCategory