- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Multi-Day Trip from Point A to Point B
Departure & Return
Alternatively, you can meet us at our meeting point at 64 Avenida Bolivar, between Ferroviaria and Potosí
This tour ends at San Pedro de Atacama’s main square by 12:00 p.m
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, strikes, roadblocks, or other forces beyond our control
- During the rainy season, the salt flat fills with water so it is not possible to cross the salt flat in the same way as during dry season causing the itinerary to be modified during that period. The salt hostel is unavailable. Instead, you willl be staying in a hotel in Culpina or other location
- This trip takes place at a very high altitude. For example, the salt flats is around 16,000 feet (5,000 meters) above sea level. Most guests feel some effects of altitude (headache, lethargy, trouble sleeping) and we recommend acclimating yourself by staying above 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) for a few days before embarking on this trip. Bring medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. Always drink LOTS of water to assist in acclimatization.
- The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services may sometimes be slow and basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, however, the drivers are skilled at fixing mechanical problems and delays are rarely excessive
- 1 Night accommodation in Salt Hotel, basic dorm-style rooms w/ shared bathroom (hot shower included in the first night) 1 Night shared family lodging (dorm of 6 beds with shared bathroom without light) If you’d prefer a private room for both nights, there is an additional cost of 250 BS (approx 36 USD) per person. This is subject to availability so please inquire in advance.
- Electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are at home
- Public toilet facilities will be available only on the first day and may have a small local cost
- Bring snacks, toilet paper, and plenty of drinking water (minimum 2 gallons or 5 liters per person)
- Temperatures can drop well below zero in the winter months and the wind chill can be harsh at all times so bring warm clothes and many layers. Also bring a sun hat, polarized sunglasses, high SPF sunblock, trekking shoes, swimsuit, towel, personal medication, a flashlight, a camera, extra batteries and memory card, chargers (electricity is available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, and personal first aid kit.
- Important: During the winter season (from May to August), it is not possible to access Eduardo Avaroa National Park (red lagoon, Dali dessert, green lagoon). However, there is the possibility of visiting black lagoon and rock valley, changes to the itinerary may be made without prior notice depending on the weather conditions. You may also sleep in different locations depending on vehicle access.
- This tour is perfectly tailored for all arrivals in Uyuni, is by bus or by plane. The operator´s office is only 20 minutes away by taxi from the bus terminal and the airport
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions,
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bamba Travel
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by 3-Day Uyuni Salt Flat Adventure to San Pedro de Atacama.