- Full-day Ubud tour of cultural arts and nature
- Tour the Puri Lukisan Museum and Ubud Palace with a professional local guide
- Admire Balinese arts and crafts at the Ubud traditional art market
- Visit nearby Petulu Village to see the herons that nest in the trees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your artistic trip in Ubud with pickup from your hotel. Continue your trip with your guide, driving towards Central Ubud. Take a break on the way to admire some traditional Balinese houses, a unique architectural style that has inspired countless designers around the world.
Reach the Puri Lukisan Museum, exploring its various exhibits on famous Balinese sculptors and painters. You’ll also learn about Bali’s wayang-style painting technique, a method that constituted the majority of the island’s output prior to the 1920s. Check out works by contemporary Ubud artists, and then see examples of traditional artistic styles such as Batuan (typical of Brahman artists) and Sanur, which uses a highly-stylized technique to depict various animals.
Head next to Puri Saren Ubud, the former residence of Bali’s last monarch. Explore the intricate architectural style of the compound’s traditional buildings, then proceed across the street to Ubud’s art market, to find a few bargains on a wide range of Balinese paintings and wood carvings, spanning both new and old styles.
Leave central Ubud behind as you continue to Bali’s lush countryside, where you’ll make a stop in Petulu Village. Gaze at the village’s community of gorgeous white herons (kokokan) who have called the area home since 1965. You’ll see literally thousands of the birds nesting in the trees during the months of October through March, when their chicks hatch. Then make a return trip back to Ubud for drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be sent once we receive your booking. If you do not recieve this within 24 hours of making a booking, please contact us; Local Booking Office (English and Indonesian Speaking) Tel; +62 361 237782, Out Of Office Emergency Number (English and Indonesian Speaking); Tel; +62 81 238 14202
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Indonesia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff