3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Live like a local among the locals with this private hands-on cooking lesson. Join your host, Putu, her grandparents, her husband, and their children for lunch or dinner in their traditional compound home. Learn about the spices Putu uses, the traditional Balinese medicines she makes, and the rice, fruit, and animals her grandparents tend on their farm as you prepare and eat a Balinese feast, washed down with local alcohol.
- Prepare authentic dishes such as grilled fish, banana leaf parcels, or curry
- Feast on a delicious meal, washed down with a little local alcohol
- Choose between lunch or dinner classes to suit your schedule
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip private transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Private cooking lesson and homecooked meal with your host Putu
Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
Round-trip transport from Ubud hotel
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Round-trip transport from outside of Ubud (extra charge)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Transportation from Ubud is included in the price of this experience. If you are staying outside of Ubud there will be an additional charge for transportation. Please contact us for details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note: Prices include round-trip transport from Ubud only. Please be sure to include your hotel name on the reservation form so your host can arrange for your pick-up. If you are staying outside of Ubud there will be an additional charge for transportation.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Traditional Balinese Cooking Class & Meal in a Multi-Generational Family Home?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Traditional Balinese Cooking Class & Meal in a Multi-Generational Family Home?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Traditional Balinese Cooking Class & Meal in a Multi-Generational Family Home?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Traditional Balinese Cooking Class & Meal in a Multi-Generational Family Home?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Traditional Balinese Cooking Class & Meal in a Multi-Generational Family Home
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUbudCooking Classes - BaliCooking Classes - SeminyakCooking Classes - KutaCategory
Mas Village (Desa Mas) Tours & TicketsNeka Art Museum Tours & TicketsSetia Darma House of Mask and Puppets Tours & TicketsGianyar Night Market (Pasar Malam Gianyar) Tours & TicketsSaraswati Temple (Pura Taman Saraswati) Tours & TicketsCampuhan Ridge Walk Tours & TicketsBali Zoo Tours & TicketsBatuan Temple (Pura Batuan) Tours & TicketsTegalalang Rice Terrace (Sawah Terasering Tegalalang) Tours & TicketsBali Bird Park (Taman Burung Bali) Tours & TicketsDon Antonio Blanco Museum Tours & TicketsCasa Luna Cooking School Tours & TicketsTegenungan Waterfall (Air Terjun Tegenungan) Tours & TicketsAgung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA) Tours & TicketsCeluk Village (Desa Celuk) Tours & TicketsTampak Siring (Tampaksiring) Tours & Tickets