4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Cook and eat with a Balinese family in their traditional walled compound. This private half day experience provides an authentic look at local life in a village just north of Ubud. Travel by private vehicle through terraced foothills and discover Balinese spices and other ingredients from the family garden. Learn to use a traditional wood-fired oven to cook several dishes, then enjoy your creations for lunch or dinner.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- All-inclusive tour includes lunch and round-trip hotel transfers
- Vegetarian meal option available
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off from Ubud hotels only
Private tour and cooking class with your host Dewa
You will be hosted by Dewa or an equally lovely family member who hosts along with Dewa's wife Jero
Visit a local home to meet a family who are expert cooks to share Balinese culture and cuisine
If your hotel is not in Ubud, please meet Dewa at Alam Sari Resort, Jl. Raya Keliki, Keliki
Hotel pickup and drop-off outside Ubud region
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up and dropped off at the Ubud hotel you list when booking. If your hotel is not in Ubud, please meet Dewa at Alam Sari Resort, Jl. Raya Keliki, Keliki, Tegallalang, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80561
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please contact us to confirm if your hotel is within the pickup list
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUbudCooking Classes - BaliCooking Classes - SeminyakCooking Classes - KutaCategory
Gianyar Night Market (Pasar Malam Gianyar) Tours & TicketsBali Zoo Tours & TicketsSaraswati Temple (Pura Taman Saraswati) Tours & TicketsBali Bird Park (Taman Burung Bali) Tours & TicketsTegenungan Waterfall (Air Terjun Tegenungan) Tours & TicketsCasa Luna Cooking School Tours & TicketsBatuan Temple (Pura Batuan) Tours & TicketsTampak Siring (Tampaksiring) Tours & TicketsNeka Art Museum Tours & TicketsMas Village (Desa Mas) Tours & TicketsTegalalang Rice Terrace (Sawah Terasering Tegalalang) Tours & TicketsCampuhan Ridge Walk Tours & TicketsAgung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA) Tours & TicketsSetia Darma House of Mask and Puppets Tours & TicketsCeluk Village (Desa Celuk) Tours & TicketsDon Antonio Blanco Museum Tours & Tickets