4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Cook and eat with a Balinese family in their traditional walled compound. This private half day experience provides an authentic look at local life in a village just north of Ubud. Travel by private vehicle through terraced foothills and discover Balinese spices and other ingredients from the family garden. Learn to use a traditional wood-fired oven to cook several dishes, then enjoy your creations for lunch or dinner.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- All-inclusive tour includes lunch and round-trip hotel transfers
- Vegetarian meal option available
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off from Ubud hotels only
Private tour and cooking class with your host Dewa
You will be hosted by Dewa or an equally lovely family member who hosts along with Dewa's wife Jero
Visit a local home to meet a family who are expert cooks to share Balinese culture and cuisine
If your hotel is not in Ubud, please meet Dewa at Alam Sari Resort, Jl. Raya Keliki, Keliki
Hotel pickup and drop-off outside Ubud region
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up and dropped off at the Ubud hotel you list when booking. If your hotel is not in Ubud, please meet Dewa at Alam Sari Resort, Jl. Raya Keliki, Keliki, Tegallalang, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80561
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please contact us to confirm if your hotel is within the pickup list
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Experience and Garden Tour in Ubud?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUbudCooking Classes - BaliCooking Classes - SeminyakCooking Classes - KutaCategory
Mas Village (Desa Mas)Neka Art MuseumDon Antonio Blanco MuseumBali Bird Park (Taman Burung Bali)Batuan Temple (Pura Batuan)Celuk Village (Desa Celuk)Saraswati Temple (Pura Taman Saraswati)Setia Darma House of Mask and PuppetsBali ZooCasa Luna Cooking SchoolTirta Empul Temple (Pura Tirta Empul)Tegalalang Rice Terrace (Sawah Terasering Tegalalang)Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA)Tampak Siring (Tampaksiring)Gianyar Night Market (Pasar Malam Gianyar)Tegenungan Waterfall (Air Terjun Tegenungan)