- See the popular Shibuya neighborhood through the eyes of a local
- Visit off-the-beaten-path restaurants and try regional foods
- Explore the hidden back alleys and elevated eateries of Shibuya
- Sample local favorite foods plus beer, shochu, and soft drinks
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet up point: In front of the Wall Mural of Hachiko (The famous local dog) right outside the station, at Hachiko Exit. Address: 1 Chome-2 Dogenzaka, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0043 〒150-0043 東京都渋谷区道玄坂１丁目２
End point: Tokyu Department Store basement level under the station.
What To Expect
Skip the overpriced tourist eateries and instead follow your guide inside some of Shibuya’s wealth of side-street restaurants favored by Tokyo residents. As you hop between food stops, sample a variety of Japanese delicacies from across the country, such as Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, different kinds of sushi, Wagyu Beef ‘yakitori’ (barbecue) skewers, and even some taiyaki dessert. You even get to wander through the labyrinth of food items for sale at a “depachika” (underground food hall). One included beverage helps you wash it all down.
Finish your food exploration back at your original starting point with a full stomach and a newfound appreciation for Japan’s one-of-a-kind gastronomic culture.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Accepts Single Travelers
- Children on this tour will have the chicken skewers instead of beef.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Karaoke After Party available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian-friendly
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arigato Japan KK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I definitely recommend this tour, is the best way to get an overall understanding of Japanese cuisine, and try very different dishes, while getting to know the culture of Japan." See review
- "Recommend the last time so you can enjoy the night life afterwards." See review
- "I strongly recommend this tour if you want to have tons of fun and excellent food." See review