Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Visit Ghibli Museum and learn about the anime works of the famous Studio Ghibli
- Hear commentary about the museum from a guide aboard the bus
- Enjoy lunch at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo
- Watch a film by director Hayao Miyazaki, known for his Oscar-winning file Spirited Away
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Your meeting point is Keio Plaza Hotel JTB Sunrise Tours Check in Counter, Main Building 3rd Floor) at 10:05am. Please be ready 10 minutes prior to the pickup time.
Near Shinjuku Station West Exit
What To Expect
Please note that the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architecture Museum isn’t open Mondays, and Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple will be a substitute stop in those cases
Next, visit the Ghibli Museum and take the time to wander through the exhibits at your leisure. .
Your guided tour ends with a return to the drop-off point in the Shinjuku area.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children 3 and younger are free of charge; no seat or meal will be provided
- Strollers are not permitted inside the museum
- Please Note: The guide will not accompany the tour in the museums and you will explore the museums independently. The guide will meet with the group again, then move on to the next attraction and return to the Shinjuku area
- Vegetarian meals are not available
- If the tour cannot visit Hotel Gajoen Tokyo or Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum due to facility circumstances, an alternate destination will be visited and the tour will still be held. Please note that in this case, refunds will not be provided.
- Participants may not go directly to the destination on their own, and may not join the tour midway. Leaving the tour midway at Ghibli Museum is allowed. In such cases, customers must head to their next destination on their own from Ghibli Museum, and no refunds will be provided.
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum is closed on Mondays. (Open if Monday is a holiday.) In such cases, the tour will visit Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple instead.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Tokyo Studio Ghibli Museum and Ghibli Film Appreciation Tour including Lunch.