2 to 7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover Tokyo accompanied by an experienced, private guide who shares the modern and traditional sides of the dynamic Japanese capital. Navigate the city's complex, yet efficient, subway system with your guide as you visit famous sites including the outer Tsukiji fish market, the traditional town of Asakusa, the Meiji Shrine. Stroll down Takeshita Street in Harajuku — home to Japan's youth and pop culture, and indulge in lunch on route (depending on option selected). This private tour can also be customized to suit your interests.
- Travel on foot and by metro to see the best of Tokyo
- Choose between multiple tour times to best suit your travel schedule
- Private tour can be customized to suit your interests
- Receive more personalized attention for your group on a private tour
Saved to wishlist!
Professional local guide
Transportation fee (for yourself and your guide)
Entrance fee (for yourself and your guide)
Lunch (for yourself and your guide)
Other personal expenses
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please let us know your hotel in Tokyo in advance.
If you will stay at a local house, please send us an exact google URL or your preference meetup place.
【Note】If you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel meetup.
(In this case, we will change to Tsukiji Honganji Temple)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is included. Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If Tsukiji fish market is closed, we change to another place such as Imperial palace. Sundays and Wednesdays - closed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a vegetarian / I have allergies / I am gluten or lacto free.
A:Just let us know any dietary requirements in the 'Special Requirements' box in the Traveler Details section during checkout. Or you can let us know after booking by visiting 'Manage my Booking' and emailing us there.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Tokyo Private Custom Walking Tour with local friendly guide?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Tokyo Private Custom Walking Tour with local friendly guide?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Tokyo Private Custom Walking Tour with local friendly guide?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Tokyo Private Custom Walking Tour with local friendly guide?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Yuko was a super guide and I highly recommend taking a guided tour with her if you want some help finding your way around Tokyo." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Tokyo Private Custom Walking Tour with local friendly guide
2 to 7 hours
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursCity ToursMarketsWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTokyoFood Tours - KantoCity Tours - KantoMarkets - KantoWalking Tours - KantoFood Tours - MusashinoCity Tours - MusashinoMarkets - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoFood Tours - KawasakiCity Tours - KawasakiMarkets - KawasakiWalking Tours - KawasakiCategory
Shiba Park (Shiba Koen)Beni Fuji no Yu OnsenNezu Museum (Nezu Bijutsukan)Kitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)Akasaka Palace (State Guest House)Tokyo Daijingu ShrineJapanese Sword Museum (Token Hakubutsukan)Mt. Fuji 5th StationGhibli MuseumRoppongi Kaguwa Japanese Dance CabaretTokyo Photographic Art Museum (Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography)National Museum of Nature and ScienceEdo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural MuseumOmotesandoRobot RestaurantNational Diet BuildingJindai Botanical GardensYurakucho Yakitori AlleyEdo Wonderland (Nikko Edomura)Tokyo One Piece Tower