4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Akabane, a residential neighborhood in Northern Tokyo, is a popular evening destination for locals. Let your English-speaking guide walk you through the retro charm of its narrow alleys, glowing with red paper lanterns, as you eat and drink your way through 3 traditional izakayas. Enjoy the nightlife in a relaxed way as you try at least 10 Japanese delicacies and 3 drinks like sake, shochu and hoppy.
- Visit Akabane’s Ichibangai Street, full of places to eat and drink
- Discover the izakayas (Japanese pubs) that are favorites of Tokyo’s workers
- 3 drinks and 10 popular Japanese snacks included in the price of your tour
- Guide recommends the best dishes to try based on your palate
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour of Retro Akabane's food scene.
Try more than 10 local delicacies (you will be full).
Visit to three izakayas where you'll experience local Japanese food culture.
Transport to and from Akabane
Departure & Return
Departure PointAkabane Station, 1 Chome-1 Akabane, Kita City, Tokyo 115-0045, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The legal drinking age in Japan is 20. Soft drinks will be served to those under the age of 20
- Dietary Requirements. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements and we will do our best to make sure you are catered to.
- We will be experiencing izakaya the Japanese way and so sharing plates between the group. (Dont worry you will be full!)
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Smoking is permitted in most Japanese bars and restaurants so we don't recommend this tour for pregnant travelers.
- Most travelers can participate
- We will be doing some mild walking so comfortable footwear is advisable.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tokyo Memories
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 89977P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursUnique ExperiencesSake TastingWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesTokyoFood Tours - KantoUnique Experiences - KantoSake Tasting - KantoWalking Tours - KantoHalf-day Tours - KantoFood Tours - MusashinoUnique Experiences - MusashinoSake Tasting - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoHalf-day Tours - MusashinoFood Tours - YokohamaUnique Experiences - YokohamaSake Tasting - YokohamaWalking Tours - YokohamaHalf-day Tours - YokohamaCategory
NamjatownRikugien GardenTokyo Camii & Turkish Culture CenterHakone Komagatake Ropeway (Komagatake Ropeway Line)Ueno Park (Ueno Koen)Oedo Onsen MonogatariYoyogi Park (Yoyogi Koen)Nezu Museum (Nezu Bijutsukan)RoppongiOdaiba Seaside Park (Oaidaba Kaihin Koen)Happo-en GardenKitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)National Museum of Western ArtShinjuku Golden GaiEdo Wonderland (Nikko Edomura)Beni Fuji no Yu OnsenTama Zoological ParkLEGOLAND® Discovery Center TokyoTokyo Daijingu ShrineMuseum of Contemporary Art Tokyo (MOT)