- Sushi-making and Tsukiji Market tour in Tokyo
- Tour the outer portion of Tsukiji Fish Market, the world’s largest seafood market, with a guide
- Experience Japanese culture and cuisine in a hands-on environment
- Learn how to make sushi from a sushi master
- Eat your own sushi creations for lunch
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointHamamatsucho Bus Terminal, 2 Chome-4 Hamamatsuchō, Minato City, Tokyo 105-0013, Japan
Return DetailsGinza Station, 4-chōme-1-2 Ginza, Chuo City, Tōkyō-to 104-0061, Japan
What To Expect
Start your sushi immersion in the morning at the city’s Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. Proceed with your guide by subway to the world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market, the world’s largest marketplace for seafood and one of the biggest wholesale centers anywhere on earth.
This fascinating center of seafood commerce is divided into two sections, split between an outer section that features food vendors, restaurants and Japanese cookware stores, along with an inner section for wholesalers that is restricted to visitors. Spend 45 minutes exploring the market’s outer section with your guide, marveling at the strange marine creatures for sale and learning about the many ingredients you’ll be working with later in the day at your cooking session.
Head next to a well-known sushi restaurant popular with both locals and visitors alike, near the market to start your day’s course. Follow along with your instructor as their instructions are translated into English by your guide, trying your hand at making both sushi rolls and nigiri (single ingredient pieces over rice). Once you’ve had enough time to get the hang of this unique Japanese culinary art, you’ll sit down for a lunch of your hand-made creations.
Finish your tour back at Tsukiji station, where you can make your way to your next destination or back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Note: The tuna auction and inner market will not be visited on this tour
- During the sushi class, you may be placed in groups with Tokyo locals or other visitors
- No vegetarian option available and allergy-friendly options are not available.
- The location of the sushi class may be changed to Ginza; in this case, you will take public transportation to Ginza with your guide, and the tour will end in Ginza after the class
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Public transportation will be used to move around on this tour. When touring Tsukiji Outer Market, please watch out for forklifts and other vehicles driving about.
- The tour will proceed even in case of rain.
- The venue of the sushi-making workshop may be changed to Ginza after touring Tsukiji Outer Market. In this case, the itinerary will be: Tsukiji Outer Market (40 min); Tsukiji Station or Ginza-itchome Station; sushi-making workshop; and tour end at Ginza Station.
- As cutlery will be used, children under 6 years of age cannot participate.
- Pick up point will be change from1.Oct.2020. Please check your voucher.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Require, first and last name of each traveler
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sushi-lover’s tour :Sushi Making and Explore Tsukiji Fish Market in the morning.