1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Raise your sword like a true samurai warrior during this flexible-length training session in Tokyo. Discover the samurai practice of ‘Kenbu Tachibana Ittoryu’ style, a special sword performance that’s been around for more than 80 years. During your class you’ll don a samurai outfit and train with the ‘katana’ (single-edge samurai sword) and enjoy a photo shoot to help commemorate your experience. Your outfit rental, an instructor and photo and video footage from the session are included.
- Train in the arts of the samurai warrior during a class in Tokyo
- Learn the practice of 'Kenbu Tachibana Ittoryu' a performance style that's been around more than 80 years
- Don a samurai outfit to get into the proper mindset of a Japanese warrior
- Practice with the 'katana' (single-edge samurai sword)
- Enjoy a fun photo shoot and receive a samurai training certificate
- Great experience for families and children
Saved to wishlist!
Picture and video footage
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
1-chōme-33-9 Asakusa, Taito City, Tokyo 111-0032, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cool Japan Entertainment Inc.
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Samurai Training Tokyobon?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Samurai Training Tokyobon?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Samurai Training Tokyobon?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Samurai Training Tokyobon?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Samurai Training Tokyobon
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 10 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesSports Lessons Martial Arts Classes Classes & WorkshopsOutdoor ActivitiesUnique ExperiencesAsakusaUnique Experiences - KantoSports Lessons - KantoMartial Arts Classes - KantoUnique Experiences - MusashinoSports Lessons - MusashinoMartial Arts Classes - MusashinoUnique Experiences - KawasakiSports Lessons - KawasakiMartial Arts Classes - KawasakiCategory
Yoyogi Park (Yoyogi Koen)Hakone RopewayHappo-en GardenTokyo MidtownTokyo Station (Tokyo Eki)Fuji Five Lakes (Fujigoko)Engaku-ji TempleRobot RestaurantLEGOLAND® Discovery Center TokyoKitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)Yurakucho Yakitori AlleyJindai Botanical GardensAmeyoko Shopping Street (Ameya-Yokocho)Inokashira ParkTokyo Metro (Tokyo Subway)Ueno Park (Ueno Koen)Edo-Tokyo MuseumRoppongiTokyo Disneyland®Toshogu Shrine (Nikko Toshogu)