Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip to Nikko National Park from Tokyo
- See the impressive wood carvings and ornate structures of Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Enjoy a Japanese lunch (if option selected)
- Round-trip transportation from central Tokyo
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure time 8:15am Keio Plaza Hotel, JTB Sunrise Tours Check in Counter, Main Building 3rd Floor
Near Shinjuku station, West Exit
What To Expect
Head straight to what is unanimously hailed as the park’s most spectacular site, the Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO-listed mausoleum of a revered monarch whole ruled Japan in the 17th century. Marvel at lavish gold-leaf embellishments and opulent chambers during your exploration of the monument. See iconic carvings depicting the ‘hear no evil’ proverb, and then revitalize with a delectable Japanese lunch if you selected the option at booking.
Next, venture to the natural landmark of Kegon Waterfall. Capture the perfect pictures of the falls from a variety of vantage points, including the observation deck.
Conclude your tour with some retail therapy at one of Tokyo’s most extravagant entertainment districts. Peruse shops for special souvenirs (own expense), and refresh with a snack at one of the many eateries (own expense) before making your own way back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- At reception, please show your reservation confirmation sheet, a printout of the reservation confirmation e-mail, or show the e-mail on your mobile device screen to staff.
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, or due to other operational management circumstances, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- To prevent infection, please participate wearing face masks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- On the day of the tour, a health check and temperature screening will be conducted. Those with a temperature of 37.5 and above as well as those who do not feel well may not be allowed to participate.
- Heavy traffic due to colored leaves is expected every year on Irohazaka Winding Road from Oct. to early Nov. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period. In such cases, any of the following will be visited instead of Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji: Tamozawa Imperial Villa, Kirifuri Falls, Taiyuuin Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, Futarasan Shrine, etc. The alternative plan outlined above may be used even outside of the designated period (Oct. - early Nov.) due to road conditions or other reasons.
- No refunds will be issued as a result of location changes.
- As the tour uses a bus for the entire itinerary, arrivals at each site may be delayed due to road conditions.
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats or lunch. If a seat on the bus and lunch are required for the child, please make a booking at the child rate.
- When booking, please indicate the number of customers requesting vegetarian meals (please indicate even when there are no requests).
- The tour will walk up and down steps and hilly paths at Nikko Toshogu Shrine and Kegon Falls. Be sure to wear shoes and clothing which are comfortable to walk in.
- By downloading an exclusive app (free of charge), customers may listen to the guide's explanations at each tour destination on their smartphones. Internet connection is required to download the app. Wi-Fi is available at the meeting location, so arriving early is recommended. (Requirements: iPhone model 5s / OS 8 or later; Android all models, OS 6 or later)
- Depending on the number of tour participants, transportation to be used may be other than a large bus (mid-size bus, small bus, hired car, etc.).
- This is a carbon offset product where a portion of the tour booking charge is spent on renewable energy. By converting CO2 emissions during the tour to green energy, it's possible to contribute to activities protecting the planet's future.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews