- Full-day tour from Tokyo to Mt Fuji and Aokigahara Forest
- Travel up the mountain to Fuji's 5th station — the highest point a vehicle can go
- Explore the Narusawa Ice Cave in Aokigahara Forest
- End your tour at Tokyo’s vibrant Shinjuku nightlife precinct
- Great tour if you’re short on time but want to check Mt Fuji off your list
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Upon arrival at the 5th Station, the highest point reachable on Mt Fuji by vehicle, take the next 30 to 40 minutes to savor the breathtaking views, camera at-the-ready, or check out the on-site gift shop for a souvenir.
The second half of your day begins at the Sea of Trees, known officially as Aokigahara Forest. The striking landscape is the result of thousands of years of volcanic activity, creating the area’s exposed lava flows, exposed tree roots and eerie caves formed by explosions of volcanic gas. The day’s final activity takes you on an adventure inside Narusawa Ice Cave with a local guide, an activity normally off-limits to most visitors. Your insider’s exploration weaves through the slippery surfaces of this subterranean space, revealing the cave’s surreal ice formations.
End your tour with a drop-off at the bus stop of the Fuji-Q Highland Amusement Park to wait for a bus back to Tokyo, with a ticket given to you by your guide. Pass the time with activities including bowling, a gift shop and concession stand. Take the two-hour bus ride back to Tokyo and continue the fun.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- It is recommended that you wear good walking shoes with rubber soles for walking in the caves and also bring a light jacket
- Important Notice: This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for poor visibility of Mt Fuji or itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- The tour may conclude at Shinjuku, Tokyo, or Ikebukuro Station depending on the bus status on the day of travel
- If the minimum number of participants 2 is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- Due to weather conditions, Mt. Fuji may not be visible even from the base. However, the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be given for this reason.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Mt Fuji Aokigahara Forest and Cave Exploring from Tokyo.