Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Explore Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Mt Komagatake and Hakone National Park and return by bullet train to Tokyo
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mt Fuji
- Cruise the waters of beautiful Lake Ashi in a boat
- Ride the Mt Komagatake Ropeway for sweeping views of Hakone National Park
- See the bright red shrine and panoramic views on a stroll at the top of Mt Komagatake
- Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the history and significance of the sights you visit
- Travel in comfort by deluxe coach and bullet train (Shinkansen) on Tokyo's most popular day tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
*SHINJUKU 8:25am Keio Plaza Hotel-Main Bldg 3F JTB SunriseTours Office
Return point: The tour concludes at Tokyo Station around 8:00pm
What To Expect
Proceed by coach to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station that is located at 7,545 feet (2,300m) about halfway up the mountain and offers another vantage point for Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). The 5th Station also features shrines, torii gates, souvenir shops, and perhaps a few climbers completing their preparations for their ascent.
Then have time to enjoy Japanese-style lunch (if you select the "+ Lunch" option at checkout). Otherwise, you have the option to buy your own meal. Then drive to Lake Ashi, located nearby in Hakone National Park. Admire the pretty scenery as you take a short cruise across the lake, which is surrounded by mountains including Mt Fuji and Mt Komagatake.
Then journey to the top of Mt Komagatake on the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that lifts off from the shores of the lake and takes you up Mt Komagatake in an enclosed cabin with 360-degree views. When you reach the summit, enjoy time to take in views over Lake Ashi and Mt Fuji. You can also take a short stroll along one of the walking trails at the mountain top.
After visiting Mt Komagatake, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo Station.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The order of the tour itinerary is subject to change due to road conditions or other reasons.
- If Mt. Fuji's 5th Station cannot be reached due to road surface freezing, an accident on the Fuji Subaru Line, or weather conditions, the tour will be taken to the highest elevation point possible. No alternative destinations are planned when the tour reaches beyond the 1st Station. When the tour has to turn back at the 1st Station, or when the Fuji Subaru Line is completely blocked, the tour will visit Fujisan World Heritage Center or Lake Kawaguchi Oishi Park. Please note that an alternative itinerary may also be omitted depending on road conditions.
- Due to weather conditions, Mt. Fuji may not be visible even from the base. However, the tour will not be canceled and refunds will not be given for this reason.
- If the Lake Ashi cruise or Komagatake Ropeway cannot be boarded (when not visitable due to suspension of operation, road congestion, or conditions at other sightseeing areas), the tour will be guided to one of the following alternative destinations. (The tour will not be canceled and refunds will not be issued for this reason.) Swan Lake Cruise Ship on Lake Yamanaka, Odawara Castle, Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Pirate Ship, Narukawa Art Museum, Hakone Checkpoint, Lake Kawaguchi Cruise, Mt. Fuji Panoramic Ropeway, Itchiku Kubota Art Museum, Hakone Shrine, Oshino Shinobi no Sato, Ninja Bus, etc.
- Depending on the season and day of the week, traffic conditions may vary, and arrival time at each location may be considerably delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
- Transportation may be delayed by traffic congestion. Even if you miss your Shinkansen after disembarking at Odawara Station due to a delay, no refunds will be given. Please ride the next train in the Non-reserved section. If planning on taking a Shinkansen after the tour ends, please make sure to choose a Shinkansen departing Odawara Station at 19:00 or later.
- Customers who are late for the departure time will have their reservations canceled. Please give yourself plenty of time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats or lunch. If bus seats or lunch is required, please make a booking under the child rate.
- When booking, please indicate the number of customers requesting vegetarian meals or Muslim-friendly meals (please indicate even when there are no requests).
- Muslim-friendly Meals: A menu that does not use pork or alcohol will be provided. Please note that these are not halal certified. Allergy-friendly meals, gluten-free meals, etc. are not available. Customers with allergies and those that would like gluten-free meals should reserve the tour without lunch included.
- GPS-enabled audio guides in Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Thai, French, and Indonesian may be used while on board a dedicated vehicle. Please indicate your preferred language in the free entry field at the time of reservation. Same-day requests are not accepted. There are a limited number of audio guides available, so it may not be possible to provide one for each participant. Also, no refunds will be issued even if the audio guide is unusable due to weak signal, device issues, Wi-Fi malfunction, etc. Furthermore, they may be unusable if there are changes to the itinerary.
- By downloading an exclusive app (free of charge), customers may listen to the guide's explanations at each tour destination on their smartphones. Internet connection is required to download the app. Wi-Fi is available at the meeting location, so arriving early is recommended. (Requirements: iPhone model 5s / OS 8 or later; Android all models, OS 6 or later)
- Depending on the number of tour participants, transportation to be used may be other than a large bus (mid-size bus, small bus, hired car, etc.).
- This tour promotes Environment(Eco)-friendly efforts and Cross-cultural Understanding as stated under Sunrise Tours' Sustainable Development Goals.
- This is a carbon offset product where a portion of the tour booking charge is spent on renewable energy. By converting CO2 emissions during the tour to green energy, it's possible to contribute to activities protecting the planet's future.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It's very windy when you are on the 5th station so take a jacket!" See review
- "This tour can be a bit rushed due to how much is being done in the one day, so if you really want to spend a bit more time at each place it might require a 2 day tour." See review
- "If you have mobility issues better to team up with another couple and share the cost of a taxi, though taxis in a Japan are expensive, but overall fantastic day" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews