1-Day Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- Catch great views of Mt Fuji from the train on a clear day
- Visit Sanjusangen-do Hall, Fushimi Inari Taisha, and Kiyomizu-dera Temple on an afternoon tour
- Get great views over Kyoto from a hilltop temple
- Have your choice of standard or first-class bullet train ticket
Departure & Return
Departure Point2-chōme-7-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tōkyō-to 100-0005, Japan
Return DetailsTokyo Station, 1 Chome-9 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
What To Expect
Upon arrival enjoy a Western-style lunch in an elegant hotel restaurant. Then, travel on foot to the nearby tour operator desk before beginning your comprehensive city tour. Travel by comfortable coach to the spectacular Fushimi Inari Taisha, located at the base of Mt Inari. Discover the head shrine to the god Inari and marvel at its numerous shrine gates.
Take a moment of quiet reflection within the temple and see the colossal size of the Thousand-Armed Kannon, an altar flanked by more than a 1,000 life-size statues dedicated the Buddhist deities. Afterward, visit Kiyomizu-dera Temple and hear the story behind the temple's construction from your guide.
After your city tour, return to the station for the bullet train back to Tokyo.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- If you would like a vegetarian menu, please inform us at the time of reservation.
- This is a special tour for international visitors. Please understand that residents of Japan cannot make bookings for this tour.
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- Train times may change due to time table alterations or other reasons.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 1-Day Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo.
- "By all means, take the green car or you will most likely not get a seat for the ride back to Tokyo." See review
- "Excelent trip, Higly recommended, In fact you should take more than one day, Kyoto is amazing, Temples, the food, the experience, everything is great" See review
- "It is a long day and the tour does not spend much time at each site." See review