- Day trip from Tokyo to Kamakura and Enoshima
- See the Great Buddha of Kamakura at Kotoku-in and Hase-dera Temple, famous for its bamboo grove
- Enjoy lunch and visit a tearoom with views of a rock garden
- Round-trip coach transportation from central Tokyo meeting points
Departure & Return
Departure PointKEIO PLAZA HOTEL TOKYO, 2 Chome-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 160-0023, Japan
Return Details1-chōme-7-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tōkyō-to 160-0023, Japan
What To Expect
Begin your excursion with a pickup from a central meeting point. Then head out by coach for the ride south to the city Kamakura, situated on Japan’s Sagami Bay. Start your Kamakura visit at Jomyo-ji Temple, enjoy matcha—powdered green tea—amid the refined and tranquil ambiance of a 400-year-old tearoom that looks out over a Japanese rock garden.
Later visit Hokoku-ji Temple, a renowned temple whose highlight is its beautiful bamboo grove, and then the city’s famous Great Buddha, located at the complex of Kotoku-in Temple. This renowned bronze statue, dating to 1252, is considered a national icon. Peek inside the statue’s hollow interior, then gaze at the entirely of the figure, which towers over 43 feet (13 meters) high.
Enjoy a Japanese style lunch and then head to Enoshima. Enoshima is a small island featuring some of the closest sandy beaches to Tokyo and it's a popular destination for locals. The tour concludes in Tokyo.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on operation circumstances of locations to be visited, traffic, weather and operation hours.However, the tour will not be cancelled or refunded even in such cases.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat; no meal provided
- During the peak summer season (July and August), the tour will not stop at Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine due to expected congestion in Kamakura. Refunds will not be issued.
- Participants can take the Enoshima Escar escalator when going up, but will need to walk the stairs when coming down. For those who have difficulty walking, please wait at the Benzaiten Nakamise Street. Please note that refunds will not be issued for such reasons. Thank you for your understanding.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking. Requests made on the day of the tour will not be accepted. Also, allergy-friendly meals, etc. are not available.
- It takes about 10 minutes on foot from the lunch venue to Hase-dera Temple (about 20 minutes round trip). Please participate in shoes which are easy to walk in. Also, refunds will not be issued even in case Hase-dera Temple is not visited.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kamakura Highlights Tour with Tea Ceremony and Enoshima Bay Drive from Tokyo.
- "Can provide for some additional time @ Enoshima as it may be tough to reach up to the Sea candle and then walk back down." See review
- "This is a lot of Tavel time but if you want to see the Buddah and amazing shrine worth the trip." See review
- "Yes, you get approximately 30-45 minutes per temple/shrine, but if you don't want the hassle of organizing this trip and the transportation on your own it is worth it." See review