Japanese Kaiseki Dining Experience with Geisha at a Historical Restaurant in Chiba
- Private 2-hour dining expereince hosted by a geisha in Chiba
- A cultural experience ideal for first-time visitors
- Dine in a VIP area of the 100-year-old Takaraya Restaurant
- Learn about the history of geisha and watch a performance
- Feast on Edo-style cuisine including fresh seafood and clam chowder
Departure & Return
Departure Point宝家, 2-chōme-3-4 Chūō, Kisarazu, Chiba 292-0067, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival, your geisha host leads you to a private room outfitted with tatami mats. Here, you’ll delve into the history of geishas, who originate from the 1603-1867 Edo period, and start to sample a selection of dishes inspired by local kaiseki cuisine.
Observe a traditional geisha performance and sample signature dishes such as fresh seafood and a short-necked clam chowder before bidding your courteous host farewell for the evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This restaurant is Muslim friendly; vegetarian/halal option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff