Are you interested in?
- Walking tour of Harajuku, the center of Japan's street fashion
- See Japanese teenagers in cosplay (costume play)
- Shop for a bargain at one of Tokyo's largest 100 yen stores
- Browse Omotesando Hills shopping mall with its luxury designer brands
- Visit Kiddy Land toy store famous for its celebrity clients
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointKeio Plaza Hotel, 2-chōme-2-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 160-0023, Japan
Return DetailsHarajuku Station, 1 Chome-18 Jingumae, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0001, Japan
What To Expect
Start you Harajuku discovery by meeting your guide in the morning at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku, where you’ll board a train like local and travel the short distance to the nearby Harajuku district. This fascinating district is a worldwide epicenter of urban fashion trends, playing host to a rotating cast of Japanese cosplayers, colorfully-dressed fashionistas and unique subcultures that come to the area to show off for the locals and foreigners alike.
Begin your walking tour on Takeshita Street, a large thoroughfare with nearby side streets that are packed with vintage clothing shops, high-end boutiques and retail stores from up-and-coming designers. Make sure to stop by a 100-Yen shop, Japan’s version of a dollar store, where you can dig for bargains, and then keep your eyes out for the area’s resident cosplay performers, who dress up like Japanese anime (cartoon) characters and pose for the cameras.
After Harajuku, head to the upscale shopping area at Omotesando Hills, a mall featuring many of Tokyo’s high-end fashion stores like Prada and Louis Vuitton, among others. Take a look at Kiddy Land, a well-known toy store that has called the Omotesando area home for several decades, then continue walking to Jingu Crossing, home base for discount fashion brands like H&M and Forever 21.
Finish your tour back at Harajuku Station from which you can opt to return back to Shinjuku or stay in the area.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants are free of charge provided no food included
- This tour is a walking tour. Please wear comfortable shoes when participating in this tour. You will walk approximately 1.5 miles (2.5 km)
- Public transportation (subway) will be used to and from Harajuku
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- If you choose to participate in this tour during the summer, we recommend you wear a hat or visor to protect yourself from the sun. We also recommend you drink enough liquid.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Unfortunately I chose a weekday 10am tour so even though I enjoyed no crowds there were no Cosplayers nor parading fashions." See review