Challenge Sumo Wrestlers and Enjoy a Chanko Lunch / Dinner
- Challenge retired sumo wrestlers and eat a meal of 'Chanko Nabe' (hotpot)
- Learn the history, rules and training rituals of sumo wrestlers as you observe real matches
- Battle a hulking, retired, sumo wrestler as you enter the ring yourself (if you dare)
- Fill up on tasty Chanko Nabe, rice, miso, salad and more during an included lunch
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Nishiasakusa, Taito City, Tokyo 111-0035, Japan
2: Ryōgoku, Sumida City, Tokyo 130-0026, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Bringing your own food or drink is acceptable
- The room is floored with tatami mats. (If you need chairs, let us know when you book.)
- Infant meals not included
- You must follow our staff. You must act with good judgement and consideration, both for yourself and others. If you made any trouble, you would be required to leave the hall. (No refunds)
- Optional Sky tree ticket covers highest observatory (additional cost).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Challenge Sumo Wrestlers and Enjoy a Chanko Lunch / Dinner.