3-Day Kyoto and Nara Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- 2-day or 3-day guided tour of Kyoto and Nara with bullet train, from Tokyo
- See majestic Mt Fuji from the Shinkansen bullet train (weather permitting)
- Visit Nara's highlights including Todai-ji Temple, Kasuga Taisha Shrine and Deer Park
- Witness Kyoto’s rich heritage at Kinkaku-ji Temple, Sanjusangen-do Hall, Fushimiinari Taisha Shrine and Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Admire the majestic architecture the Kyoto Imperial Palace and Nijo Castle
- Choice of one or two nights' tourist-class or first-class accommodation in Kyoto
- Enjoy a worry-free tour that includes an expert guide for daytime tours, transportation, and accommodation
Departure & Return
Departure PointJP Tower, 2-chōme-7-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tōkyō-to 100-0005, Japan
Return DetailsTokyo Station, 1 Chome-9 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A maximum of 3 people per booking due to room type restriction; if you have more than 3 people in the group, please make multiple bookings.
- Train times may change due to time table alterations or other reasons.The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Seats on the bus and train and train may not be designated.
- [About Day 1 Itinerary] Participants will walk from the parking lot to Todai-ji Temple (about 15 min one-way) .Thank you for your understanding. At Kasuga Taisha Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission. Nara Nagomikan may be omitted from the itinerary if it is closed on the day of the tour, or as a result of traffic congestion.
- [About Day 2 Itinerary] When the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Close: Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event). The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25. Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end / New Year's holidays, Ryoan -ji Temple will be visited instead.
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way) .
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- If you would like a vegetarian menu, please inform us at the time of reservation.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. No meal included
- This is a special tour for international visitors.Please understand that residents of Japan cannot make bookings for this tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 3-Day Kyoto and Nara Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo.