10 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Spare yourself the hassle of self-drive on this convenient tour of two key sites from ancient Macedonia: a must-do for fans of archaeology and ancient history. Start at Pella, birthplace of Alexander the Great, then explore Aigai (Vergina), once the capital of Macedonia and now a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the tomb of King Philip II, Alexander’s father. Your tour includes door-to-door transfers and guiding but excludes entrance fees.
- Follow in the footsteps of Alexander the Great at Pella and Aigai (Vergina)
- Explore the 4th-century BC tomb of King Philip II, Alexander’s father
- Learn about the Greek kingdom of Macedonia from your guide
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers from central hotels
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking excursion attendant
The entrance fee to the Museum of Vergina (12€) - museum and the archaeological site of Pella (8€)
Tour-guide to the museum of Vergina and to the museum and the archaeological site of Pella
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We depart to Pella with the bus along with our friendly trip attendant-archaeologist. Our pick up times and places are as follows :
at 08:00 from the White Tower,
at 08:05 from the hotel Makedonia Palace,
at 08:15 from Aristotle’s Square & Egnatia Street (at the statue of Venizelos),
at 08:20 from Capsis Hotel and
at 08:25 from The Met Hotel
The distance is about 50 km and lasts about 45’.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please notice that in case of a property accommodation outside our preselected pick up routing then a closest point for pick up to your accommodation will be appointed. Clients should reach this point on their own transportation means.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY MTM D.M.C Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Pella and Vergina Day Trip from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pella and Vergina Day Trip from Thessaloniki?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pella and Vergina Day Trip from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Pella and Vergina Day Trip from Thessaloniki
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingThessalonikiBus Tours - MacedoniaArchaeology Tours - MacedoniaWalking Tours - MacedoniaHistorical Tours - MacedoniaFull-day Tours - MacedoniaCategory