- Private sightseeing tour of Tauranga and the Bay of Plenty
- Learn about the production of Manuka honey at Bee Hive
- Take a walk to a waterfall in McLaren Falls Park
- Snap photos of the Bay of Plenty from the Minden Lookout
- Enjoy a more customized experience on a private tour
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTauranga, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Traveler pickup is offered
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
Departure Point: Outside the Port of Tauranga main pedestrian gate. We will be standing on the grass under the flagpole with a name board. Dressed in uniform of black trousers, white shirts signed with Zealandier Tours and maybe some orange apparrel.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop at the horticultural theme park of Kiwifruit Country, which showcases the the country’s signature fruit. Then discover the healing properties of manuka honey and taste a variety of products at the Bee Hive, where you’ll go behind the scenes to witness the bees at work. Your 5-hour tour continues through the Kaimai mountain range, stopping for lunch at a country cafe (own expense).
In the afternoon, take a guided bush walk past native trees at McLaren Falls Park, and snap photos of its namesake waterfall tumbling through boulders in the river. Returning to Tauranga via the top of the Minden lookout, stop for a scenic glimpse over the Bay of Plenty before you’re driven along the inner harbor and back to the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing, walking shoes
- Please bring sun protection
- Pricing is per person
- There is some walking involved - optional
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zealandier Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.