- Rotorua shore excursion from Tauranga
- Visit the Okere Waterfalls
- See hot thermal springs, bubbling mud and the famous Pohutu Geyser
- Learn Maori traditions and watch the famous Haka dance at an authentic living Maori village
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
A short drive brings you to your first stop in the town of Te Puke, considered New Zealand's kiwifruit capital. Visit Kiwifruit Country, and learn more about this special fruit.
Next, drive past rolling farmland and pine tree forests then disembark for a brief stroll to Okere Falls, a small town popular for its waterfalls and lakefront views. Stop for lunch beside Lake Rotorua (own expense) before visiting the thermal wonderland of Whakarewarewa in the afternoon. Follow a Maori guide through a lunar-like landscape of hot springs and mud pools, and see the eruption of Pohutu Geyser. You’ll hear how the indigenous people used the jets of steam from the bubbling cauldrons for everyday functions.
Discover more Maori customs at a Maori village, starting with a traditional welcome. Enjoy a performance of song and dance, including the warlike haka. After, go sightseeing in Rotorua city. View the Government Gardens, historical bath house and natural hot springs at Whangapipiro (Rachel's Pool) as well as Lake Tarawera if time allows.
Complete your Rotorua shore excursion with the return to Mt Maunganui, following a scenic route via the Tauranga city center before crossing the harbor bridge to the port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Please bring sun protection and jackets for cooler weather
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zealandier Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.