5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore the sets from ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ movie series at Hobbiton during this shore excursion. Cross Tauranga Harbour and head through the Kaimai mountain range en route to Hobbiton, the movie set location for the ‘Lord of the Rings’ movies and ‘The Hobbit’ trilogy. Meet your guide at the Shires Rest to start your guided tour. Discover top sites including the famous party tree in Bag End. Finish your tour with an ale in the Green Dragon Inn and imagine yourself among your favorite characters.
- Visit the Hobbiton movie sets on a shore excursion
- Explore Hobbit holes, visit Bag End, the Party Tree and more
- Finish the tour with a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- All entrance fees and round-trip port transportation included
Visit Hobbiton, the farm selected by Peter Jackson as a setting for his Hobbit movie masterpieces. A guided tour will bring to life scenes from the movies, plus time for lunch at The Green Dragon Pub<br/>Pickup included
Saved to wishlist!
Experienced, professional and friendly driver/guide
Port pickup and drop-off
A tankard of Hobbit ale or cider at the Green Dragon Pub (non-alcoholic option available)
Air conditioned transport
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please meet the Shore Trips and Tours representative at the Shore Trips and Tours sign board situated just outside the port gates. Walk through the information marquee and out through the gates - a short walk from your ship.
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hobbiton is open to the elements, and tours operate in all weather conditions (sun protection is recommended). Umbrellas are available for rain and shine.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Due to uneven surfaces and some steep inclines this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Please check with us before booking if you are unsure if the tour will be suitable.
- The vehicle size is usually 24-35 seats (smaller than the cruise lines), although smaller minivans are often used. Having 24-34 customers allows us to (usually) book a tour guide at Hobbiton just for us! This avoids the masses on the public tours that other companies use.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour runs with a minimum of 4 fare paying passengers. We will advise on the day if the minimum hasn't been met, and offer alternative options if necessary
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is for passengers arriving on a cruise ship into the Port of Tauranga
- This is a Pre Booked Tour Only!
- No sales on the Day of this Tour!
- 10am is the regular tour start time. This may be adjusted for early/late arriving cruise ships. We will advise any time change at the time of booking
- Please ensure you provide a contact phone number and/or email address that you will have with you and/or checking whilst on holiday so any last minute tour time changes can be notified
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shore Trips and Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Shore Excursion: The Ultimate Hobbiton and Lord of the Rings Movie Set Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Shore Excursion: The Ultimate Hobbiton and Lord of the Rings Movie Set Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Shore Excursion: The Ultimate Hobbiton and Lord of the Rings Movie Set Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Even if you have not seen the movie, it is still worth the visit." See review
- "It is well worth a visit if you are a Lord of the Rings or Hobbit fan." See review
- "Nice stop at the Honey place, and honey ice cream, and a short stop in the little town of Mattamatta before getting to Hobbiton Visitor Centre around 12:25." See review
Product code: 9218P1
Compare Similar Experiences
Shore Excursion: The Ultimate Hobbiton and Lord of the Rings Movie Set Tour
5 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursMovie ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingTaurangaShore Excursions - North IslandBus Tours - North IslandPorts of Call Tours - North IslandMovie Tours - North IslandArt Tours - North IslandHalf-day Tours - North IslandShore Excursions - RotoruaBus Tours - RotoruaPorts of Call Tours - RotoruaMovie Tours - RotoruaArt Tours - RotoruaHalf-day Tours - RotoruaShore Excursions - Waiheke IslandBus Tours - Waiheke IslandPorts of Call Tours - Waiheke IslandMovie Tours - Waiheke IslandArt Tours - Waiheke IslandHalf-day Tours - Waiheke IslandCategory