Explore our promoted experiences
- Private Tangier city and coastal sightseeing tour
- Explore the medina to see the kasbah and souk, and sample breads at a bakery
- Admire Mohammed VI Avenue and colonial-era buildings of the new town
- Visit the Caves of Hercules (own expense) on the Atlantic coast
- See the Punic-Roman necropolis and Cape Spartel overlooking the Straits of Gibraltar
- Take an optional camel ride (own expense) along dunes
- Private air-conditioned transport, personalized attention from a private guide, plus hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Stop first at the walled medina to tour its labyrinthine alleyways. Pass the peeling Moorish- and Andalusian-style houses as you learn how the medina formed old Tangier's heart, and see landmarks like the main square and kasbah, with its rich architecture and marble courtyard. Along the way, browse a fruit, vegetable, and spice souk, and visit a bakery to sample some delicious local breads.
Head for the new town to view the palm-lined Avenue Mohammed VI, Royal Palace, Severo Ochoa school, and colonial-era buildings; and travel to Tangier's Atlantic shores, stopping to see the Punic-Roman necropolis on the way.
Gaze at these ancient graves, carved into a plateau facing the Straits of Gibraltar, and visit Cape Spartel, the lighthouse-topped promontory that seemingly stands guard over where the Atlantic and Mediterranean meet.
Visit the famous Caves of Hercules (own expense), a picturesque sea grotto that opens to the crashing Atlantic, and enjoy an optional camel ride (own expense) along the sand dunes.
Your tour then concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Argania Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms