- Morning river safari tour
- Cruise along the Tempisque River bordering Palo Verde National Park
- Visit one of Costa Rica's best bird-watching locales
- Spot monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas, and many exotic birds
- Learn about the park's unique wetlands environment from a naturalist guide
- Savor a traditional Costa Rican lunch at a restaurant
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
When you arrive, board a river boat for a leisurely 2-hour cruise along the Tempisque. Admire the park’s undisturbed beauty while a naturalist guide provides insight into its unique ecosystem. Keep a sharp eye out for some of the many creatures that make their home along the river banks, including crocodiles, howler and capuchin monkeys, deer, raccoons, and iguanas. Your guide will help identify local and migratory birds such as macaws, guacacos, kingfishers, tiger herons, woodstorks, and jabiru birds.
After the safari, climb back onto solid ground and head to a local restaurant for a typical Costa Rican lunch. Relax on the return ride to your coastal hotel, where the 6-hour tour concludes in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Native's Way Costa Rica
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms