- Take a cycling trip along Biwa Lake before enjoying a homemade lunch in the home of a local resident
- Pedal along the scenic shores of this beautiful lake, enjoying views of nearby Shirahige Shrine
- Take a picturesque taxi ride up to a mountain village in the nearby Hata District
- Enjoy a multi-course lunch of Japanese country cuisine prepared in the home of an 'Obaachan' (elderly woman)
- Listen to stories about daily life in a Japanese country village from the host
- Great way to explore Japan off the beaten track
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Omi-Takashima Station, Katsuno, Takashima, Shiga 520-1121, Japan
2: Kyoto Station, Higashishiokoji Kamadonocho, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, 600-8216, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
JR Omi-Takashima Station (KOSEI LINE) is the starting point of the tour. Meet our tour conductor in front of the ticket gate (there's only one gate at the station) at 10:00 am.
We can also pick you up at JR Kyoto Station in front of the 7-11 convenience store next to the West Ticket Gate (2nd floor) at 8:45 am (Weekdays) or 9:00 am (Weekends, Japanese National Holidays). The pick-up charge is 5,000JPY/group. Your train fare is not included in the price. Please pay the pick-up charge by cash to our tour conductor.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for child aged 9 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- In case of bad weather / from December to March, we may walk or take a taxi to Shirahige Shrine instead of bicycling
- Please inform us of the name of the hotel where you are staying and/or your cell phone number in case we need to contact you
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tour Du Lac Co., Ltd.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Farm to Table Local Cooking and Cycling Tour: Lake Biwa and Rice Terraces.