- A 2-hour in-depth and behind the scenes tour of Taronga Zoo
- Ride the Sky Safari cable car for amazing aerial views of the zoo and the harbor
- Be photographed up close with koalas
- Visit a working zoo kitchen and see how the food is prepared
- Meet hand-raised native animals
- Go behind-the-scenes in the Australian Nocturnal House
- All-day access to explore Taronga Zoo before and after your tour
- Morning or afternoon tea with cupcakes
- Small-group tour maximum 8 participants
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTaronga Zoo, Bradleys Head Road, Mosman, New South Wales 2088 Australia
Ticket Redemption Point
What To Expect
During your tour, you get to meet a number of animals and take a peek into the inner workings of the zoo. Stop at a zoo kitchen and learn how the staff prepares meals for the critters’ various diets. Follow your guide into the restricted area at the Australian Nightlife exhibit to observe nocturnal creatures that are difficult to spot in the wild. Explore the world of kangaroos, wallabies, and emus; pose for photos with koalas inside their enclosure; and learn about wildlife habitat and conservation projects from your expert guide. Discover the iconic creatures of Australia, including echidnas, platypus, wombats, and bilbies as you explore the zoo on this fascinating tour.
After your tour, enjoy complimentary light refreshments at the zoo’s Harbourview Cafe, which boasts spectacular views over Sydney Harbour Bridge and beyond. You’ll also receive a souvenir gift and have the rest of the day to explore Taronga Zoo at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum of 8 people per tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taronga Zoo
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sydney Taronga Zoo General Entry Ticket and Wild Australia Experience.
- "This is a must for any visitor to the Sydney area!" See review
- "The small group tour is definitely worth the extra cost." See review
- "You don't get to touch or hold the koalas on this experience, so a good supplement to this tour is the koala experience at featherdale wildlife park, where you can pet koalas." See review