- Half-day Viking and medieval Swedish history trip from Stockholm
- Discover Sweden’s fascinating Viking and medieval past at a series of historical sites
- See an old Viking parliament and visit Täby to view a Viking causeway
- Admire Sweden’s largest runic stone at Granby
- Soak up the picture-postcard Swedish countryside as you travel
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Next, weave your way through the beautiful Vallentuna region to Granby, an archaic Viking settlement dating back to 400 AD. Decipher the mysteries of the Granbyhällen, Sweden’s longest inscription upon a runic stone, then venture to the charming medieval church at Orkesta (Orkesta Kyrka) to observe more spectacular stones and beautifully preserved 12th-century frescoes.
Travel to your final stop through the gorgeous countryside and disembark at Sigtuna, a town that boasts the title of Sweden’s oldest. Stroll the ambient tangle of streets in search of endless relics and Viking ruins and browse its bespoke boutiques for special souvenirs.
Return to your minivan and relax during the journey back to Stockholm, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for children under 8.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY STOEX
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff