- Led by a professional photographer
- Small-group tour
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
Departure & Return
Required: Check in 15 mins before start time is required. Wait OUTSIDE of the Emerald Beach Hotel lobby. Parking is in the Emerald Beach Resort parking lot and is free of charge during the time you are on the tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Listen to a safety briefing and an explanation on various paddling techniques, then pair up and climb into your tandem kayaks. Paddle out into the turquoise waters, accompanied by your guide, an experienced photographer who will be snapping photos along the way. Listen to history and facts about the island of St Thomas and the unique ecosystem surrounding you. Watch out for native wildlife such as dolphins and turtles.
Make landing on a secluded coral reef, where you'll get a short snorkeling orientation. Don the provided snorkel gear and dive in to witness the vibrant undersea world; your guide will point out must-see fish and coral.
After an included picnic lunch, you'll go to he next stop where you will snorkel with sea turtles. Photos taken during the adventure are included in the price of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transportation is from Emerald Beach Resort and Crown Bay Center (for ship passengers) only. Transportation from ship port must be pre-arranged with the tour provider one week before the start of your cruise
- A minimum of 2 guests is required per booking. This tour requires a minimum of 4 guests booked to run (they do not have to be of the same group). If the minimum is not met, you will be notified 24 hours before the tour start time.
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- All participants must know how to swim and be able to walk on uneven surfaces. Maximum participant weight for an individual is 225. Maximum weight for for tandem (double kayak) is 425 pounds (total for both participants).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years old. Children under 9 must paddle with an adult.
- Not recommended for participants with back/wrist/shoulder problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions
- Please note that a 15% gratuity is due on the day of the tour in cash for groups of 5 or more.
- At the time of booking, all participants must provide: Adults: Sweater size with gender Children: Age, gender and weight All: Shoe size with gender (indicate if it is an adult or child's size).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- At the time of booking, all participants must provide: Sandwich choice: Turkey, ham or salami and which toppings you would like on each sandwich: Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo, Mustard, Butter. Lunch beverage (choose on per person): Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or bottled water. Let us know if you are vegan/vegetarian or have any dietary restrictions).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY St Thomas Adventure Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Coral Reef and Turtle Kayak Excursion.