- 2.5-hour snorkeling and kayaking tour on St Maarten
- Leisurely, relaxed excursion suitable for beginners
- Kayak around Pelican Rock and Simpson Bay
- Snorkel among live coral and schools of tropical fish
- Expert instruction from an adventure guide
- Refreshing drink at a beachside restaurant and discussion of marine life viewed while snorkeling
Departure & Return
The tour departs from Kim Sha beach in Simpson Bay (look for the line of orange kayaks on the beach). It takes approximately 30 minutes by taxi from the Cruise Ship Terminal to Kim Sha. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Reach your destination, a beach in a protected cove, and get fitted for snorkeling equipment. Listen to a short orientation, then follow your guide out to the coral reef and nearby rocky caverns. During 45 minutes of snorkeling, see tang, needle nose, trumpet fish, angel fish and parrot fish flitting about, as well as other marine creatures your guide points out.
Paddle back to Kim Sha Beach in your kayak, then go ashore and have a drink at the Greenhouse Restaurant. Sit down with your group and discuss the marine life you saw and its importance to St Maarten's ecosystem.
Please note: Single kayaks are reserved for guides or cases where there are an odd number of travelers.
Please note: If weather conditions are not favorable for kayaking, you will participate in a beach swim instead.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Not recommended for those who have back, shoulder, or hip problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tri-Sport
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Due to stormy weather the previous day, and windy conditions, we were not able to snorkel." See review