Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip to Saba from St. Martin
- The Bottom and Windwardside
- Hells Gate
- Hiking adventure in Saba's rainforest
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Board the ferry to Saba and enjoy being out on the open Caribbean during the journey, which takes between 75 and 90 minutes. When you reach the dock at Fort Bay, choose to explore the island on foot or by taxi. The walk from Fort Bay to the first stop, a village called The Bottom, is very strenuous, and it is recommended to hire a taxi. The views of the surrounding landscape and seascape from the Bottom are fantastic.
Hiking in Saba's indigenous rainforest is accessible through trails that start at Windwardside. Mt Scenery Trail is the most popular, and you can get a trail badge for a $USD3 donation to the Saba Trail Shop. You can arrange pickup with your taxi driver at a later time to return to Windwardside or the ferry landing at Fort Bay.
Stop at one of the small restaurants in Windwardside for lunch. Stroll through the quaint village, filled with whitewashed cottages, narrow lanes and very friendly locals. Peruse the few shops selling local crafts such as hand blown glass, jewelry and artwork.
At the end of your day in Saba, return to the ferry terminal to catch the boat back to St Maarten.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- CHECK IN 1 HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME. Check in starts at 8:00am - closes at 8:30am
- You MUST have a valid passport is required on the day of travel. Please note: Passport CARD are NOT acceptable.
- Taxi rides are available to the start of the hiking trail
- NB: the hike during this tour is strenuous
- Due to St Maarten immigration procedures, on return to St Maarten all passengers will be required to hand their passports to the crew. Passports will be taken to clear immigration ahead of the group before the boat can dock and passengers disembark.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- SABA REQUIRES EVERYONE TO BE FULLY VACCINATED TO ENTER. SABA EHAS NEEDS TO BE FILLED IN AHEAD OF TIME TO ENTER SABA; EVEN FOR DAYTRIPS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS ARE CHANGING FREQUENTLY BASED ON THE SITUATION. Please visit http://www.sabatourism.com/travel-requirements for the most recent entry requirements
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 62 travelers
- OPERATED BY Aqua Mania Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Otherwise crossing is fine, if you don’t mind rough seas." See review