- Walking tour of the UNESCO-listed Diocletian Palace in Split
- Hear tales of the Roman Emperor Diocletian who commissioned the palace to be built as his vast home
- Visit the underground cellars and explore Peristyle Square with your expert local guide
- Learn about the city’s patron saint while admiring Cathedral of St Duje
- Upgrade to include an afternoon trip to the UNESCO-listed town of Trogir, and explore it on a walking tour
Departure & Return
The walking tour starts from the entrance to the Diocletian's Palace cellars. The cellar entrance is located on the south (harbor) side of the palace off the Riva walking promenade. Your guide will be standing at the entrance with a sign that says "Elite travel" & "Euroadria tours".
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin the tour in the cellars and the subterranean tunnels that exist underneath the old palace and learn about their function from your guide. Then head above ground again and linger for a while in Peristyle Square. Stroll the streets of the palace as the guide tells historical tales about the emperor, who was quite an eccentric fellow. Stop into the Cathedral of St. Duje—named for the patron saint of Split—as well as the Temple of Jupiter, and then wander through the market to gawk at the fruit and vegetable and other delights for sale.
Not had enough? Of course not! Then upgrade the tour and head to Trogir, a UNESCO-listed town just north of Split. Hop on the shuttle for the drive along the coast to the walled town. Stroll the town at your leisure, your guide regaling the small group with interesting historical tales about the once-important city on the coast. See St. Lawrence Cathedral, designed by lauded medieval architect Radovan. After traversing the city, hop back on the shuttle and split back to Split, ending at the palace where the tour began.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY EuroAdria Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms