Explore our promoted experiences
- Pompeii and Herculaneum day trip from Sorrento
- Tour the ancient ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum, two cities destroyed by the Mt. Vesuvius eruption
- Learn about these intriguing archaeological sites from an expert guide
- Enjoy a lunch with wine at a local Italian restaurant
- Small-group tour limited to 21 ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meeting by the Achille Lauro parking area in Sorrento at 09:00am Hotel pick up , if possible, is available on request by email. Thank you!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Feel your excitement heighten as you approach the sites of the miraculously preserved, 2,000-year-old ruins and commence a guided tour of the Herculaneum area. Receive a fascinating introduction to the city and how it was buried under a sea of volcanic ash following Mt. Vesuvius’ unexpected eruption.
Next, travel onward to Pompeii, stopping for a revitalizing Italian lunch at a local restaurant along the way. Please see the Itinerary section for a sample menu. Sated, embark on a guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed ruins with your expert guide.
Delve into the encompassing intrigue of the ancient city destroyed by the mighty volcano; see excavations of ancient monuments and admire the perfectly preserved structure of Villa of Mysteries (Villa dei Misteri), so-called because of the frescoes, statues, and walls that sustained little damage during the eruption.
Suitably impressed, return to your vehicle and relax during the journey back to Sorrento, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- OPERATED BY TUI italia s.r.l
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.