- Tour of Herculaneum Archeological Site from Sorrento with an expert guide
- Stroll through the well-preserved streets of the ancient Roman town of Herculaneum
- Visit some of the most important sites of the UNESCO-listed site including the public baths and gymnasium
- Learn about the volcanic eruption that buried Herculaneum, Pompeii and other nearby areas
- Enjoy round-trip transport by air-conditioned coach from your hotel to the site
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup and drop off from your centrally located Sorrento hotel/meeting point
What To Expect
Once there, about an hour from Sorrento, marvel as you approach the statuesque archway that serves as the site's entrance.
It was once believed the denizens of Herculaneum had successfully fled the eruption, unlike those from Pompeii who were instantly covered in mud and lava, freezing them there for centuries. But, alas, Herculaneum suffered a similar fate, as 300 skeletons — likely locals running for their lives — were unearthed near the port, buried under layers of dirt.
Visit the ‘fast’ food restaurant where you’ll see clay jars that were used for storing food. See the gymnasium and the colorful mosaics in the public bathhouse.
After exploring the Herculaneum Archaeological Site, your tour concludes back at your Sorrento hotel in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY AVI Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Herculaneum HD Tour from Sorrento.