2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover Singapore as it was from the early 19th century until 1965 on this sightseeing tour around the relics and monuments of the country’s colonial past. Learn from your guide about the period of British rule over Singapore and see the buildings it left behind, from St. Andrew’s Cathedral to the Raffles Hotel, birthplace of the ‘Singapore Sling’ cocktail. Ask any questions you have: on this small-group tour, there’s no need to worry about whether you’ll be heard over the crowd.
- Stop at the neoclassical CHIJMES building complex, once a Catholic convent
- No hidden entry costs: all entry fees are covered by your tour costs
- Meet your tour group at City Hall, central and near to public transport stops
- No printers or paper needed: download your tickets to your mobile phone
Saved to wishlist!
Professional, English speaking Guide
Any foods, drinks, snacks or purchases of a personal nature
Departure & Return
150 North Bridge Rd, Singapore 179100
30 Victoria St, #B1-01/02, Singapore 187996
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum 2 Adults for this tour to operate
- Operates every Monday, although may not operate on Public Holidays, festival periods, etc.
- This is a walking tour with a professional guide
- Most travelers can participate
- This activity ends at CHIJMES. You need to make your own way back to your hotel
- Photographic devices are not allowed in the Supreme Court and must be surrendered at the entrance.
- No sleeveless, collarless shirts or T-shirts, No short pants and flip flops allowed
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY I Asia Singapore
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during A Colonial District Walk - The Time of an Empire?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during A Colonial District Walk - The Time of an Empire?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during A Colonial District Walk - The Time of an Empire?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during A Colonial District Walk - The Time of an Empire?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
A Colonial District Walk - The Time of an Empire
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingSingaporeCity Tours - Sentosa IslandWalking Tours - Sentosa IslandHistorical Tours - Sentosa IslandCity Tours - Pulau UbinWalking Tours - Pulau UbinHistorical Tours - Pulau UbinCity Tours - MalaysiaWalking Tours - MalaysiaHistorical Tours - MalaysiaCategory
Singapore Cricket ClubUbin Island (Pulau Ubin) KidZania SingaporeRaffles' Landing SiteWaterfront PromenadeSingapore Botanical Garden & National Orchid GardenSun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial HallSingapore Wake ParkSkyline Luge SentosaChangi Memorial and ChapelMaritime Experiential Museum Singapore Food TreatsGeylang Serai MarketResorts World SentosaMadame Tussauds Singapore1-Altitude Gallery & BarArt Forum SingaporeChijmesTanjong BeachLittle India