- 3-hour Syracuse Segway tour with an expert local guide
- Explore the island of Ortygia, where most of Syracuse’s top attractions can be seen
- Travel past ancient Greek ruins that were built by Dionysius the Great
- Learn about Syracuse in its heyday, when it was one of the largest cities in the ancient world
- Pose for pictures in Piazza del Duomo and admire the 17th-century Archbishop’s Palace
Departure & Return
bus parking next to the port -GPS 37°03'51.4"N 15°17'11.1"E-, entrance from Via Rodi At the departure time, you will find our staff waiting for you at the meeting point with the Segways ready in the street.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn about the Corinthian, Roman and Byzantine rule over Syracuse as you explore, coasting past Apollo Temple in Piazza Pancali and the ancient Greek walls by Dionysius the Great.
Continue down the main street toward the Fountain of Aretusa, one of Syracuse’s most beautiful ancient monuments. Check out the surrounding Gothic architecture and head to the bustling center square, the Piazza del Duomo, home to City Hall, the Archbishop’s Palace, the colonnaded Duomo and more.
Afterward, travel up to the ornate Castle Maniace, perched above the city. Glide around the citadel walls, admiring sweeping views of the sea.
Cross Umberto Bridge to mainland Syracuse, where Our Lady of Tears Sanctuary sits. Learn about the miracle that once occurred there while admiring the structure, uniquely designed in the likeness of a teardrop.
Before concluding at your original departure point, pass the Catacombs of San Giovanni and soak up views of Parco Archeologico della Neapolis, which hosts the ancient city's most significant ruins. Marvel at the Roman amphitheater dating back to the rule of Emperor Augustus and keep your eyes peeled for the Ear of Dionysius.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY CSTRents by Nimbus srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands